Friday, December 27, 2019

American Girl Surf and Cheer Loft Bed Tour!


Hey everyone!

Today I thought I'd give you a tour of my new loft bed room and why I picked the items I chose to add in the room.  If you'd like to see the entire room setup, be sure to visit my YouTube channel, agoverseasfan, or click on the link down below! If you could pick between the ocean themed loft bed (green) or the cheer themed loft bed (purple), which one would you choose? Be sure to comment down below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglPZad_i68


Both of the loft beds that I used for the doll room are from retired GOTY collections. The green one is from Gabby's collection, while the purple one is from Mckenna's. For the loft beds I tried to make Gabby's the ocean themed room and used a lot of blues and teals, while Mckenna's loft bed was styled as a cheer room where I used a lot of pastel items, mainly pinks and purples.



Gabby's loft bed doesn't have much shelving so I tried to add a few feature pieces in her room. The small trinket box is from a local store, while the bottle and shell are from American Girl. The Polaroid camera is from the 'World's Smallest' collection. It's too big for the dolls but I like using it as a decor item in their rooms. The shell mat is from Justice but I decided to use it as a wall feature instead, while the rest of the ocean items are from WellieWisher sets! Have you used any of the WellieWisher items in your doll rooms before?


Over in the cheer loft bed, there's more shelving options to display more accessories and items. On the top shelf there is a radio from Melody's collection and a few beforever/girl of the year books in a storage box. As this is a cheer themed room I have included a few trophies that I bought from a local store for Addison's room a while back.


On the bottom shelf, there are a few doll sized games from a variety of doll brands and some dog themed accessories (dog food, dog shampoo and a toy).


There is a compartment in each loft bed to store doll outfits and to match the ocean themed room, I added in doll swimsuits into the teal section.


As for the cheer room, I added in a few pastel dresses to match the rest of the accessories in the room.


The side tables were harder to style compared to the rest of the loft but I put aside my teal/green doll accessories and had a look to see what suited the rest of the room.  I wanted to add an earring tree to the room, as there is a jewellery compartment to add a shell necklace from Julie's collection. Other items on the desk included: a textbook, sunglasses, nail polish, beauty items and a doll sized fidget spinner.


Over in the cheer loft bed, most of the items on the desk are a pink/peach colour. The strawberry milkshake is from Maryellen's collection, while the other items are from either from American Girl, local stores or other doll brands. I especially love the mini Hatchimal accessory which is actually a lip balm I found at my local store!


Over at the front of the loft bed I added in Kanani's chair and Tenney's rug to continue with the ocean theme. There's also a diving ring toss set in the corner from the American Girl Pool set.


The chair and accessories in the cheer loft bed are quite different to the ocean loft bed. The pastel chair suits the items on the desk quite nicely, while's Blaire's bag is a great addition too.


The bedding is mainly blue and teal with some ocean themed animal decor pillows, both of these are from the WellieWisher sets. Kanani's PJ's tie in with the rest of the items on the bed and just to finish it off, I added in a doll sea turtle book.


As for the cheer bed, I tried to find pastel themed bedding and this one from American Girl suited the loft bed itself as they both feature purple. The throw pillows used are some of my favorite ones and I feature them in most of my doll rooms. Tenney's PJ's have been placed on top of the bed and the last item I added was a book called the Secret Garden.


Overall it was so much fun to set up this doll room using an ocean and cheer themed setup. Be sure to comment down below which loft bed you prefer and I will leave the link down below of the entire video setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment