Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Joss Kendrick's Room Tour

Hey everyone!

Today I thought I'd give you a room tour of Joss's new room along with telling you why I picked the items I chose to add into her room. If you don't know who Joss Kendrick is, she is the new Girl of the Year for 2020 from American Girl. Her storyline mainly focuses on her being a surfer but also trying out a new sport, cheer, which is why there's such a focus on these two elements in her room. Also I learned in her books that she loves to skateboard which is why I added a few items from the American Girl Skate Park set in her room too. If you'd like to see the entire room setup, be sure to visit my YouTube channel, agoverseasfan, or click on the link down below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8ArcvtHe4
If you could design a dream room for Joss, how would you style it? Would you make it ocean/surf themed, cheer themed or both! Be sure to comment down below 💕


Of course since she loves to surf and often visits the beach, there's an ocean/beach theme in her room. I decided to use a few items that I have collected over the years from my mermaid themed rooms as smaller decoration items as it suited a lot of the items in her collection.


The first photo here shows her bedding and pillows. I tried to find bedding which matched the rest of her collection. She has a variety of colors in her collection items but her meet outfit mainly has blue and pick, which matched the bedding. Of course I included a dog pillow because of her dog Murph!


Over in the next photo, we have Joss's PJ's on the bed. It's a great mix between both a PJ set and a lounge set and definitely suits her personality! The bed itself is a retired canopy set from the Truly Me line. I have had it for a few years now but I always use it in my ocean/mermaid themed rooms and I did try a few options for Joss's room but this one suited a lot of the items I wanted to add into the room.


The side table is from the American Girl hotel set. I had a few options but they were all quite brightly colored and I wanted a side table that didn't stand out too much in the room. On the table itself I added in a retired AG lamp with the rest of the items being from Joss's collection. Her sunglasses, key, journal, phone and cheer card are all from her accessories set. Are you planning on purchasing the set? The items are really adorable! I especially love her journal which has notes from Joss herself! If you'd like to see a detail review of the set, be sure to visit my YouTube channel or click on the link down below:


Over next to the side table, I have added in Nanea's counter, which I love to use in doll rooms! It's the perfect size to store and display my doll's accessories. To incorporate the beach theme, I have placed Joss's swim items in a 'sea chest' and have also included a wooden sail boat accessory that I found at my local store. Do you often go doll accessory hunting at your local stores to find room accessories?


As for the other compartments, I added in Joss's outfits (her casual outfit and her cheer practice outfit) and some shoes next to them. As soon as I saw the mint blue color's in Joss's collection and her beach themed items, I knew I had to include Kanani's chair. Kanani is a retired Girl of the Year doll who also had a beach theme! I love how it also matches the bed that's in the room too. To add a pop of color, I included the pillow that was in the original set with the chair.


One of Joss's main accessory sets apart of her Jan 1st release is her surfboard. This set has so much detail to it and I love the watercolor design to it along with the bright colors. As I said before, Joss also enjoys skateboards and often practises her surfing tricks while skateboarding so I went ahead and added it next to it. Her dog Murph needs a dog bed too and this one matches a lot of the furniture pieces that are already in the room so I went ahead and included it 🐶


As Joss needs a place to get ready to go to cheer practice and cheer competitions, I decided to add in a vanity. This one is from Tenney's collection and also matches the side table next to the bed. Multiple items from her collection are in the drawers, while on top there's a cheer bow, cheer makeup palette a comb, sunscreen and her hearing aid case with her spare hearing aid.


As most of the items in the room has mainly focused on her surfing, this area of the room mainly focuses on cheerleading. Along with the vanity, I have added in her cheer bag and a mannequin with her Cheer Competition Outfit and bow. If you notice, you might be able to see a sequin missing in the front of her dress! I didn't realise this had happened until later on in the day. This had only been just after I had opened it so I'm not too sure when it ended up 🎀

Next to the mannequin, there's a locker from one of the AG school sets. On top of it there's an ocean themed box with some pretend wax (for skateboarding and surfing) with some skateboarding themed accessories on the top shelf and an adventure cam so she can film while surfing and a beach towel on the bottom shelf.


Overall I had so much fun setting up Joss's room. I love how there are so many different elements in her storyline and it was really great to incorporate her passion for both cheerleading and surfing into one room. As her collection is so bright and colorful so it was quite hard to figure out what furniture pieces and accessories I should add into the room but I ended up sticking with mainly pastel, green and silver furniture pieces and letting Joss's accessories be the main feature of the room.

Again be sure to watch the whole room setup video on Youtube to get an overview of the room itself and to be able to see some of the smaller details I didn't mention here! Again, if you could design a dream room for Joss, how would you style it? Would you make it ocean/surf themed, cheer themed or both! Be sure to comment down below 🏆
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8ArcvtHe4

1 comment:

  1. thanks for doing that or making that it really helped me

    ReplyDelete